NPS Trust Exam is one of the prestigious exams, which requires meticulous studies. Please, follow the instructions given below to score better:-
The Study Plan is applicable to the Most-comprehensive Course Package:
There are four Sections: Essay, Letter, Precis, and Comprehension.
Study Plan for Essay Writing:-
- Choose a Topic from the 'Most Probable Essay topics'.
- Ponder over the chosen topic for a while and try to frame it into different heads: Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- Ask yourself how familiar you are with the topic; whether you have relevant data and facts for the essay
- In case the Essay Topic chosen is new to you or and you do not have any relevant facts and data, you are required to go through the Model Essay already provided in your Course Package.
- If you're familiar with the essay topic, attempt it following the appropriate format - Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. If you do not have relevant data and facts, use these the next time after collecting all them.
- If you have sufficient time for the exam, you're required to go through the essays given in your Package one by one before you switch to Descriptive Mock Tests.
- You need to attempt 'Non-personalized Mocks' for self-evaluation, and then attempt the 'Personalized Evaluation Mocks'.
Please, go through the 'Articles' and 'Video lectures' provided for quality improvement. For relevant data and facts, go through journals of repute. (however, the data and facts are there in your package).
Study Plan for Letter Writing:-
- Choose a Topic from the 'Most Probable Letter topics'.
- Before you switch to writing on the chosen letter topic, find out whether it is formal or informal.
- Formal letters are always small and to-the-point, while Informal letters may be small or big; however, you are required to write such letters to-the-point.
- Don't waste words in maintaining formalities in both kinds of letters. While writing the letter, just spare a moment to discover whether the letter is going to fulfil the purpose or not.
- Proper Organization of thought is a must to fetch a better score.
- Divide the content of your letters into different paragraphs to satisfy the topic.
- Informal letter are written in such a way as if you were talking to the reader in the same way as you're used to.
Please, go through the formal and informal letter formats along with some Model Letters for firm grip in this section.
Study Plan for Precis Writing:-
- Attempt the Passage first and then switch to writing the précis as it will give you clear perception to deal with the précis in a better way.
- Don’t start writing the final précis as soon as you come across the passage. Stop being panicky.
- Read the passage carefully twice and find out what the passage is all about. Keep noting in mind the most important points in the mind or jot down such points.
- Provide the title of the précis. Generally, the passage makes the title clear either in the first paragraph or in the last one.
- Once the title is provided, you are required to write the précis with all the points revolving around the title. In other words, all the points must justify the title.
- Please, write all the necessary points in one paragraph until it is necessary.
- Don’t use bullets. In other words, don’t write the necessary points pointwise. Write the points in full sentences.
- Use your own language; however, the technical terms used will remain the same.
- While writing the précis, you’re required to feel free to use the sorted out points anywhere in the answer. But, always keep in mind that there must be a logical link with all the points to read coherently.
- Avoid using idioms and phrase or any notion as these use extra words.
- Don’t exceed the word limit else your marks will be deducted. However, the word limit of your final Précis may exceed 8-10 words or fall behind by 8-10 words.