Note: Some Essays seem to be obsolete; however, their patter will help you write newer essays a lot.
Memorable points to be elaborated:
- Introduction to PMKVY
- Objectives of PMKVY
- Strategy and approach
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is a unique initiative taken by the Government of India. The Yojana has been launched under the New National Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Policy 2015 with an aim to offer 24 lakh Indian youth a meaningful, industry relevant and skill-based training. It is National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) which will be the implementing agency for PMKVY.
Objectives of PMKVY
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programmes. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skill.
- Enable and mobilize a large number of India youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill training.
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of Rs 8,000/- per candidate.
- Benefit 24 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of Rs. 1,500 crores.
Currently, only a very small proportion of India’s workforce has any formal skill training. Not surprisingly therefore several sectors of the country’s economy face shortage of skilled people and mired with low productivity levels due to poor quality of workforce. At the same time, a large sections of the country’s youth are looking for economic and livelihood opportunities. In this context, skill development has become a key priority area for the country. This is not only essential for economic development but also would help fulfil youth aspirations for good quality, better paid jobs and self-employment opportunities. With a large pool of skilled people, India has an opportunity to become a skill provider for the world, particularly the ageing developed world.
Strategy and Approach
- The scheme will provide monetary incentives for successful completion of market driven skill training and certification to approximately twenty four lakh youth in a span of one year from the date of implementation of the scheme.
- This scheme shall be implemented through Public-Private and Public-Public partnerships.
- NSDC will be the implementing agency for this Scheme.
- Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the Scheme will be separate and no overlap of roles will be allowed to maintain transparency and objectivity.
- The Monetary Reward will be wholly funded by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India and will be in effect through bank transfer to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
India is the second largest country in terms of population only next to China’s and it has a vast number of youths who are to be employed properly in the country and outside the country. In this condition, they need proper training to be recruited; they need proper training to be successful entrepreneurs. In this regard, the PMKVY will prove to be a great boost for employment generation. Along with this, the economy of the country would find itself on the proper track that leads to stable economy of the world.