Here is for you a very important essay on ‘Locust Invasion in India and its preventive measures’. The method suggested here is highly effective in the sense that it will form a to-the-point essay covering almost all the necessary points and thus fetching you better marks in the examination.
The following are the questions that you need to answer in your own words:-
- What is locust attack / invasion?
- What is the history of ‘Locust Invasion’ in India?
- How can you say that the locust attack has occurred in India? What are the figures that show that this attack has taken place?
- Who said what about the attack?
- What is the origin of the attack?
- How do they attack the crops?
- What is the effect of the attack? Give facts and figures.
- How is this attack being tackled?
- How can the attack be prevented from entering other districts/states of the country?
- Locust attack is an attack by a swarm of locusts on the farmers’ crops and thus devouring them within hours causing a huge economic loss.
- India records 25 locust plagues and upsurges between 1964 and 1997. The Colonial Govt. formed a locust warning organization in 1939 in Karachi.
- More than two dozen districts covering more than 90,000 hectares of desert areas of western India are affected.
- The attack started in the last week of April and is still going on.
- Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Gujarat are the worst affected states by it.
- Deputy Director of India’s Locust Warning Organization, K.L Gurjar, said, ‘This is the biggest invasion in nearly three decades.’
- These locusts crossed the border of India via Pakistan from South Africa and the Arabian Peninsula.
- They travel very fast, sometimes up to 400km a day devouring as much food in a day as about 35,000 people.
- If not controlled, famine will be caused. The situation will worsen during the Lock-down period.
- How to tackle:- by ‘Control staff on foot’ spreading pesticides, by aircraft which spreads over the sown areas, by ground vehicles and by shouting and banging musical instruments and whistling
Now, what you have to do is to connect all the dots in your own language or just give answers to the questions asked at the very outset of this page.
Note: Without getting your essay reviewed by an expert, your purpose may get defeated.