NABARD Mains-2020 Previous Year Descriptive English Questions
Time limit – 90 Min.
Sections – 4 (Essay, Precis, Letter and Comprehension)
On September 24, 2020, NABARD Mains took place. As far as the Descriptive Paper was concerned, the changed pattern of asking questions raised troubles for the aspirants.
All the Essay Topics were not based on Agriculture by any means.
- The word-limit for essay was 400.
- The word-limit for Letter was 250.
- The word-limit for Précis was 150 i.e., the given passage was of around 450 words.
Challenges for the Aspirants:-
They had prepared for the Descriptive Paper taking into account the previous year exam pattern, in which the essay was to be written in maximum 200 words and the Letter in maximum 150 words. The passage was much smaller.
They had two major concerns at the same time – typing speed and thought process.
The topics were totally altered as the given topics were nothing to do with the concerned department (Agriculture).
The following were the Essay Topics asked:-
- What are your personal views on Old Age Home
- Whether Money or Health is more Important
- In the era of Digitization, high Internet speed is right rather than luxury
- Which is better: Unemployment or Underemployment?
- Importance of Art Culture in life
- Importance of Communication Skills
The following letters were asked:
- Write a letter to a Bank Manager asking for a loan of Rs. 4 Lakh for house renovation.
- Write a letter to your younger brother who is abroad for higher studies, telling him how hard work is important in studies.