Business letter topics – 2023
A business letter is a formal and a matter-of-fact treatment. They require simple, systematic and formal treatment of the subject.
A business letter comprises 8 essential parts-
- Sender’s Address
- The Date
- The Name and Address of the Addressee
- The Salutation
- The Body or Content of letter
- The Complimentary Close
Highly Important Business Letter Topics
- You are the Manager of your Bank, which is in need of a pack of A-4 files for record maintenance. Write a letter to the concerned company placing orders for these.
- You have placed an order for a pack of A-4 files with Ajanta, Mumbai, Maharashtra. You have not received the files so far. Write a letter to the stationary company complaining about the non-compliance of your order.
- You’re the Manager of an IT company, which has supplied you with some defective PC systems. Write a complaint letter for such defective systems.
- You are to launch an Internet cafe, which requires quality desktops to render the best services to your customers. Write a letter to the related supplier to supply your favourite desktops at the earliest.
- Write a complaint letter to the supplier for the late delivery of desktops.
- You and your family are planning a week-long holiday to a hill-station in the northern part of the country. Write a letter to a travel agency enquiring about the charges, facilities, and all the other necessary details.
- You ordered for your startup 5 Acer LCD monitors with 19.5 screen size with a 2-year warranty a few months ago. But three of them are defective. A monitor displays a deep lining at its centre, the other two get blacked out on continuous use. Register your complaint letter to the company’s email requesting it to replace them against the warranty.
- You have purchased a dslr camera very recently, but the problem is how to operate it quite smoothly. Write a letter to the supplier asking for assistance of a locally recruited person from the service centre.
- Write a letter to the Manager of a Hotel at Shimla, asking him to reserve you a double room from ____ to ____.
- You are the Manager of the Cricket-Club of your organization/company. You had purchased some cricket equipment. Some of the articles have been found defective. Write a letter to the firm that made the supplies asking them to replace these defective articles or refund their cost.
For details, watch the video lecture by Anandam SIr:-
Subscribe to our exclusive Course for Descriptive English. Click here