IBPS PO Exam is one of the most prestigious exams in India. Its preparation requires a lot of hard work, perseverance, and a keen insight into its pattern and trends over the years. You need not be an expert in writing skills to fetch better marks in the descriptive English section rather you should practice on a list of most probable topics on essay and letter on a virtual platform which should be similar to that of the actual exam under expert guidance. Also, you should go through previous year’s essays and letters asked to get familiar with the pattern which is going to be asked this year.
Please, don’t take this paper for granted. Throw yourself into preparing for this paper right from now so as to fix one seat for yourself.
Please, mark the following:
1. The Descriptive english will be of 30 minutes duration with 25 marks.
2. This Test will contain questions from Letter Writing & Essay topics.
3. Word limits for Essay writing is 250 words & for Letter Writing is 150 words.
Now, start preparing Essays & Letters with Bankwhizz. You had better prepare on a virtual platform under the guidance of some expert. Bankwhizz provides you with such a platform where you get holistic approach to its preparation.
Bankwhizz has provided following previous year Letter topics which were asked in IBPS PO –
IBPS PO 2019 – Descriptive English
The descriptive test carried 25 marks. Questions were asked from Letter and Essay.
Letter Writing Topics (word limit 150 words)
- Write a letter to your bank’s branch manager informing him that your EMI installment of Rs. 3000 has been deducted instead of Rs. 2000. Request him to take the necessary action to rollback the transaction or adjust the amount.
- Write a letter to the Road Transport Authority expressing your concern over usage of high beam LED lights in bikes and cars
- Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your concern on the state of elderly living alone by themselves. Request the government to take some initiatives to help the senior citizens living alone.
IBPS PO 2018 – Descriptive English
This section was of 25 marks with a time limit of 30 minutes.
1. Letter Writing (150 words) – Write a letter on any one from the given 5 topics.
- Write a letter to favorite writer praising his/her recently published book.
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager to assign a separate counter for a senior citizen.
- Write a letter to the Municipal Commissioner to bring to the notice the illegal encroachment by hawkers and request to put an end to it.
- Write a letter to the editor on types of pollution and how to reduce it.
- Write a letter to your neighbor thanking them for their help during a family emergency.
IBPS PO 2017 – Descriptive English
- English Language (Letter & Essay Writing) for 25 marks, time limit 30 minutes.
- There were 3 Essays and 3 Letter Writing Topics from which a candidate has to choose:
- Write a Letter to you friend encouraging and advising him to plan his own start-up
- Letter to your office colleague
- Write a letter to the branch manager requesting him to block your credit card as you’ve lost it and ask him to issue you a new card.
IBPS PO – 2016
No descriptive paper
IBPS PO – 2015
No descriptive paper